Connecticut College 8, Saint Mary's College 1
1. Emily Migliorini (CONNW) def. Monica Davy (SMC) 6-2, 6-1
2. Hayley Zukerberg (CONNW) def. Megan Davy (SMC) 6-7 (5-7), 6-1, 10-7
3. Stephanie Simon (CONNW) def. Meredith Heckert (SMC) 6-1, 6-1
4. Brooke Scully (CONNW) def. Alyssa Gulli (SMC) 4-6, 6-2, 10-7
5. Rachel Weiss (CONNW) def. Lilly Chamberlin (SMC) 7-6 (7-1), 6-3
6. Paige Braithwaite (CONNW) def. Elizabeth Preister (SMC) 6-4, 6-2
1. Monica Davy/Megan Davy (SMC) def. Brooke Scully/Mariah Warren (CONNW) 8-6
2. Emily Migliorini/Allison Falvey (CONNW) def. Lilly Chamberlin/Meredith Heckert (SMC) 8-2
3. Skylar Morgan/Meredith Kenny (CONNW) def. Elizabeth Preister/Alyssa Gulli (SMC) 8-3
Belles Tripped Up by Camels
Posted: Mar 14, 2019
SAN MARCOS, Texas - The Saint Mary's tennis team dropped an 8-1 final against Connecticut College in a neutral site match during both teams' spring break trip on Thursday.
Lilly Chamberlin and Meredith Heckert suffered an 8-2 setback at two doubles. Elizabeth Preister and Alyssa Gulli came up shy in an 8-3 final at three doubles. Monica Davy and Megan Davy out-dueled and out-lasted their counterparts from Connecticut College as the duo prevailed in an 8-6 match at one doubles.
Heckert fell by a 6-1, 6-1 score at three singles, and Monica Davy was on the short end of a 6-2, 6-1 final at one singles as the Camels pulled within a point of the team victory. Preister was stopped in a 6-4, 6-2 match at six singles. Alyssa Gulli took her first set by a 6-4 score but dropped a 6-2 second set before her opponent took a tight 10-7 tiebreaker for the decision. Chamberlin had a narrow 7-6 (7-1), 6-3 setback at five singles. Megan Davy prevailed in the first set in a nail-biting 7-6 (7-5) tiebreaker at two singles, but the sophomore was halted 6-1 in the second set and 10-7 in the tiebreaker.
The Belles (6-4) close out their spring break trip with a 10:30 a.m. CDT match at Concordia University Texas on Friday, March 15.