Angela Athletic & Wellness Complex features:
- A three-court field house for varsity team and club sports practices, intramurals, and other student activities
- An elevated track
- Dedicated spaces for yoga, pilates, spinning, and other fitness classes
- A cafe and social area for meeting with friends
- The Health and Counseling Center
As part of the Faith Always, Action Now capital campaign, more than $25 million was raised to renovate and expand the former Angela Athletic Facility and outdoor athletic fields.
Angela Athletic & Wellness Complex Membership Policy
- A new membership policy went into effect on Monday, September 10, 2018.
- Download the Angela Athletic & Wellness Complex membership policy and frequently asked questions PDF.
- Pay for a membership (if part of a qualifying group).
- Questions? Call Diane Carter at (574) 284-4694 during regular business hours.
Why is it called Angela?
This is the third gym at the College and all three have been named Angela for Mother Angela Gillespie, the first American to head Saint Mary’s Academy, which would become Saint Mary’s College. The first - Angela Hall - was located on the southwest corner of campus and served as both the gymnasium and auditorium before it was razed in the 1970s. Angela Athletic Facility was completed in 1977. The renovation and expansion of the former Angela Athletic Facility into Angela Athletic & Wellness Complex began in Fall 2016. The project was completed in January 2018 with a formal dedication ceremony in March 2018.